We stopped by the cathedral for a few photos........
A little further down the road I got some pictures of an endearing scene that the French police have in their window display.
| This is supposed to entice people into the office to recruit them.......... |
The group of Santas he was in explained to us they were doing a walk that takes place on the last Saturday of November each year. They do about 17km and the route takes in all the sites in Reims.
By the time we had taken a look around the Basilica we were fed up of the cold and gave up on Piper Heidsieck and so decided to head home. But on the way back we saw yet another cluster of Santas going up a street we hadn't been up before so we followed them. We ended up in the former Jesuites College of something or other which is now a campus for the SciencesPo university. They were having an open day and welcomed us in so we took a look around. In the library we got caught by one of the representatives of the university who offered to take us on a guided tour and we thought we may as well accept. Half an hour later we were meeting with the Dean of the university and discussion admission! I've no idea what's going to happen because they're oversubscribed for next semester but it sounds like he's going to try to get us involved somehow.
A short trip to the shops later and then we went ice skating. It was like Bambi on Ice. I gave it a go though! And I was definitely getting better towards the end..... After another couple of hours out in the cold we were ready for food and takeaway was called for. Literally. I managed to negotiate a takeaway order in French over the phone. Doesn't sound like much but I was quite impressed. A nice end to our evening was snuggled up on the sofa with a duvet watching Love Actually.
All that time spent outside hasn't done me any favours because I seem to have woken up with a cold this morning. So I'll be giving more outdoor activities and afternoon strolls a miss for the time being :(
No comments:
Post a Comment